Saturday, October 13, 2007

Revelations Chapter one

A few weeks ago I started reading Revelations chapter by chapter and investigating and noting what I've been reading. So I'll be posting these here on my blog, there probaly wont be another for awhile but anyways heres the first chapter...

Chapter 1

Theme
Introduction of John and instruction to him from God,
"The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. " (1:1-2)

"I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. 10On the Lord's Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea." (1:9-12)

"Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later." ( 1:19-20)
Here we see who John is, where he was when he was called by God and we see that God wanted him to write to the seven churches.

The seven churches
The sevent churches...Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea. Did you know that every single one of them are located today(and in the past) in Turkey! Imagine my surprise when I found that out, because If I were John I would wonder why they went to one country, and why was that Turkey? Why not some in Israel, Greece, Rome etc? I would have thought that because of that nobody would have the scriptures, but we know that isn't true because we have them. Something to think about.

Notes on This chapter
"Look, he is coming with the clouds,
and every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him..."

I find it interesting that God is coming down or on clouds, and one of my favorite scriptures Nahum 1:3 reminds me of this...

"...His way is in the whirlwind and the storm,
and clouds are the dust of his feet."



"I am the Living One; I was dead and behold I am alive for ever and ever!"
(rev. 1:18) -Jesus was dead and then he came back to life!




1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love that you are so exited to learn God's word at such a young age! Keep it up and you will be blessed with all that God wills for you.

"I am the Living One; I was dead and behold I am alive for ever and ever!"
(rev. 1:18)

You know what blesses me about this? The Lord will take us, the church with Him to heaven and we will live eternally with Him. Everything we do here on earth has value eternally. WOW..that means whatever we do and are doing we should stop to think how it effects our eternal standing in Christ.

Can't wait to read more from your site!