Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Southern California Fires

As most people have heard (everybody practically) Southern Ca is experiencing tons of fires. Interestingly enough I live in the very center of it, all around my city there is plenty of smoke, indicating fire. If that weren't enough we have to cope with the high winds, that if you ask me are a lot worse, especially cause they are the reason why the fires aren't being put out. Many are staying home, but pretty much every school district isn't giving kids the day off. Today my school though didn't have after school activities and sports, which is probaly because our facilities are being used for Red Cross. I'm not sure how the fires are going, but if anyone wants to check it out heres a goood place to go...http://sosdfireblog.blogspot.com/2007/10/poomacha-fire-grows_23.html
thats for the fire near Palomar but if you check out the other links you could find out about the rest of the fires.

No comments: